Thursday, September 24, 2009

Pumpkin Surprise!


I know it's not even October yet, but I've been in the Halloween spirit, for about a month now, so I thought I've give the fall season a little kick start with this collage.

I found the pumpkin image on Flickr, and I'm almost positive it was from Suzie Q. She has a lot of good vintage Halloween pics for using in art, so I'm pretty sure it was her. If it wasn't I'm really sorry. Sometimes I download so many pictures at once, and occasionally get the owners mixed up.

This piece is an 11x14 collage on canvas. I have to admit, I really like this one, and surprisingly it has become a favorite of my family. Usually my collages look better in person, because they are filled with sparkles, embellishments, etc, but this piece looks awesome as a print. I love it!

My grandfather has been taking professional pictures of all my artwork, and he prints out copies of each one, well this one looks so darn cool, if I ever get my Etsy site up and running, I'm selling it for sure.

Oh yeah, and before I completely forget -though I can't see how I would really, as I can't stop smiling for the last 24 hours- is that I actually made it into a local gallery!! I'm so excited with myself for actually following through on something and making this happen. The show goes for 1 month, and who knows someone might actually buy and or like my work, and if I never get shown in a gallery again, at least I knew I did it once. Whooo hooo!!

4 comments:

  1. Your collage is fantastic!! congrats on your work being shown hope it goes well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another fantastic collage! I'm in the Halloween spirit, too. That is awesome about the gallery! Congrats to you! You deserve it and I have no doubt your work will sell wherever you display it! Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this on Flickr and followed your link here to your lovely blog. Congratulations on your gallery showing! You are so ery talented; you certainly desrve it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so proud for you! That is fabulous!!!! I like the halloween piece too!

    ReplyDelete