Sunday, February 21, 2010

Red Fairy


No more 3x3's right now, though I am working on an ATC sized Alice in Wonderland canvas. It's pretty cool, but I need to find a couple of tiny Alice-y embellishments to stick on. I didn't realize I had almost nothing to add to it, when I started it last night. Gives me another reason to shop!

Anyway, this picture is a 5x7 canvas. It's actually the first old style piece I did after my little hiatus from art last year. I liked it enough that I just kept going to make the 3x3's and a couple more pieces that will be revealed next week after I get pictures taken of them. One of them I adore, and can not wait to show off. I think it might be my new favorite.

Right now I've got 4 pieces going at once if you include the Katherine Howard mess that I put away earlier last week. I have to admit, when I walk past it now, I don't cringe nearly as much, and I am starting to think it might actually have possibilities.

I wish I could say the same for the collage I started in December and am still trying to finish. I tried working on it again last night. I can't figure out what is wrong, because the picture I used is really cool, and it has all my favorite colors, yet no matter what I do it will not come together. Anything I try to add to it, looks terrible.

I'm at a total loss, and seriously think I should paint over the whole thing and start again fresh. Yesterday I added more paint and color to it, and now it looks like a preschool. Very frustrating. Thank goodness I have a new one to work on with a theme I love. Think I'll go work on that right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment